Friday, May 29, 2009

What's going on in life

We have finally had something worth writing about. Chantal finishes her first half of student teaching this next week. The weather has been fabulous and life is good. Now for the stories. This last week I learned a valuable lesson. I was teaching early morning seminary and thought the lesson was going great. everyone was involved, but a few of the boys from class kept smirking and I had no idea why. We finished class and one of them came up to me and said, "Brother Dougal, your farm door is open." I immediately knew he was ever so nicely letting me know that I taught the entire lesson with my pants unzipped. Now that's classy!
Our next story for the week was our wonderful muddy buddy incident. I was making muddy buddies and Chantal told me to go get the final ingredient off the counter. She told me to get the powdered sugar off the counter and to start pouring it into the bowl. I poured a whole lot of it because who doesn't enjoy sugar? I reached in and pulled out a huge handful and dropped it into my mouth only to realize it didn't taste the same as usually. In fact it made me want to puke. I ran to the trash and spit it out. Unfortunately we did not realize the "powdered sugar" on the counter was actually corn starch in a winco style bag. That is a taste I really don't want to remember any more.
Sorry, the image quality is not amazing, but that is our favorite treat all dumped out :(

3 comments:

Teresa said...

Okay, that is funny! :-)

raoelinafamily_chronicals said...

i am so glad you can laugh at yourself...those are funny stories love ya nan

TJ said...

L O L

"i am so glad you can laugh at yourself" ... because I know WE do!

Trevor, I am going to milk you!

Trevor, I am going to milk you!